School FM will be launching its very own unique curriculum student operated school online radio station in Newcastle this month and the station will host it’s first workshop, inviting students into School FM studio to teach them about a range of roles involved in radio production,how the studio works and work towards putting together a trial show.
School FM is a Curriculum Student Operated School Online Radio Station which will allow students to broadcast school news,events,music and more with internet broadcasting platform on www.schoolfm.co.za / schooolfm.radiostream321.com and on smartphone mobile app. The station will be going live on air from the 16th September 2019,broadcasting live at Value City Wholesalers.
The station will give students the opportunity to present shows on our platform on weekends, school holidays and after school (weekdays). to develop their confidence, their creative skills, and their practical learning skills. Every student from Primary School ,High School and College can be part of the School Based Broadcasting Program.
Siyabonga Mthethwa , founder and manager of School FM, said that “the initiative offers a platform for children and youth to create, enhance and share their voices with the world through the power of radio. Not only they will get experience behind the mic but they will go Beyond.This means they will be given the opportunity to use their creative skills to not just entertain people but to make a real difference in their lives”,he said.
They’ve created a Radio Program for Kids to be aired every Saturday aimed at giving a voice to kids and fun, packed with lots of information aimed at children of pre-school and primary school age.Entertainment news,music, wrestling, sports,comedy,storytelling, what’s on and phone-in competitions are just a few of the features you can expect to hear.Parents and Teachers will be part of the show.
- 08:00am – 12:00pm: The Student Zone (4 hours).
- 12:00pm – 14:00pm: Midday Pushas (2 hours)
- 14:00pm – 16:00pm: School’s Out Drive (2 hours)
- 16:00pm – 17:00pm: Sibuya Nazo Zishisa (1hour)
- 17:00pm – 18:00pm: Radio in The Classroom (1 hour)
- 18:00pm – 20:00pm: Learning Kick-Off for Students (2 hours)
- 20:00pm – 21:00pm: Musical Rotation at 8 (1 hour)
- 21:00pm – 22:00pm: It’s Bed Time (1 hour)
- 22:00pm – 08:00am: Second Chance Matric Support Program Lessons (9 hours)
- 08:00am – 09:00am: The Teacher’s Corner (1 hour).
- 09:00pm – 11:00am: Kids Radio (2 hours)
- 11:00am – 12:00pm: School Takeover (1 hour)
- 12:00pm – 13:00pm: The Parents Show (1Hour)
- 13:00pm – 14:00pm: School FM Music Show
- Learning Kick-Off for Students
- Second Chance Matric Support Program Lessons
- School FM Music Show
Siyabonga Mthethwa is working hard to get assistance from the local Businesses,Local Municipalities and the Kwa-Zulu Natal Department of Education and establish the project to link in with the Kwa-Zulu Natal Department of Education’s schools programme.
The station will also broadcast live in school in Newcastle,with the aim of connecting students through radio broadcasting platform.
To download School FM App,click the link below